To: All Irrigators of the Flathead Joint Board of Control of the Flathead, Mission, and Jocko Valley Irrigation Districts and Interested Public. Agenda
The Flathead Joint Board of Control will hold informational meetings at the following locations for irrigator convenience to discuss possible concerns in the Proposed Water Use Agreement, dated January 17, 2013.
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013:
- Hot Springs: 2:00 p.m. at the Lone Pine Hall
- Ronan: 6:00 p.m. at the Senior Center
Thursday, August 22nd, 2013:
- Arlee: 2:00 p.m. at the Brown Building
- Mission: 6:00 p.m. at the Senior Center
The FJBC voted at its regular meeting, August 12, to issue three concerns for public comment regarding the drafting of the proposed Project Water Use Agreement, intended to be an appendix to the Flathead Compact. Those three concerns are:
- Regarding the proper owner of the water right to water delivered by the Project for irrigation;
- Regarding the volumes or quantities of irrigation water that would be dedicated to irrigation under the WUA, especially as to whether they are reasonably the same as historical uses;
- Regarding the creation of a Unitary Management Board to implement a Unitary Management Ordinance.
All members of the public are welcome to attend and provide comment or listen as schedules permit.
Please consult the F JBC website for additional information regarding these meetings and the background to these concerns.