©2020 Concerned Citizens of Western Montana
There is nothing honorable about the Steve Daines attempt to destroy Montana via an ‘Indian water settlement’, deceptively called the “Montana Water Rights Protection Act”. The Daines bill is not about federal reserved water rights, protecting Montana water rights, or about ‘solving a centuries-long problem”. Daines is building on the incompetence and failure of Steve Bullock and AG Tim Fox, who all looked the other way as Montana was defeated.
The CSKT Compact and the Daines disastrous and incompetent meddling is a leftover from the Obama regime. Recall that none of our Congressionals nor our AG ever firmly went against Obama. Remember that Steve Daines’ “bi partisanship” caused him to introduce a CSKT Compact forestry bill with democrat comb-lady Amy Klobuchar, now rumored to be Biden’s VP pick.
The Daines bill IS about repatriating the CSKT on lands they ceded and have been paid for, and reparations for some elusive “damages” that no one can read or study. Like it or not, the Daines bill shows the incompetence, arrogance, and destructive nature of our Congressional delegation and the CSKT.
What the Daines bill is about is:
- Giving lands the Tribes ceded and were paid for back to the CSKT, despite federal prohibitions, Treaty provisions, history, the Indian Reorganization Act, the Indian Claims Commission, and law prohibiting this for the open Flathead Reservation, where everyone here is lawfully here.
- Destroying the Flathead Irrigation and Power Project
- redistributing the wealth of Montanans to the Tribal government, and
- paying reparations to the CSKT for past “damages” that have already been compensated for.
- destroying local government, the U.S. Constitution, and the Montana Constitution
- Violating the civil rights of all Montanans
But look what else the Daines bill does:
- Covers up waste, fraud, and abuse in a federal irrigation project, where the CSKT is unlawfully siphoning off the net power revenue the irrigators are entitled to by law
- Covers up money laundering and payoffs between the BIA, the CSKT, Daines, Tester and likely many others including foreign governments who are profiting from their support of the CSKT
- Destroys local government, the livelihood of thousands of people, the economic basis for the region.
We get the message loud and clear: Steve Daines, Jon Tester, Gianforte, Steve Bullock, AG Fox, and the CSKT hate Montanans. They are too cowardly to show up at meetings, refuse to tell the truth, and refuse to talk with the people they are going to destroy. All they want is their own power and money. The Tribal Council and their attorneys only want revenge…they too do not care about their own people.